Universal Support US-105
The versatile Tormek Universal Support is the basis of the Tormek system. It is made of 12 mm (approx. ½") round steel and has a double mounting for maximum stability. The Universal Support incorporates a micro adjust for exact and fast fine setting.*
- Support for the grinding jigs.
- Support for the Truing Tool, TT-50.
- Tool rest when grinding without jigs.
- Rest for your hands when grinding free-hand.
- Rest for your hands when grading the stone with the Stone Grader,
The Universal Support can be placed in three positions:
The Universal Support can be placed either in the vertical sleeves or in a horizontal base**. These two positions enable you to grind either towards the edge or away from the edge.
The Universal Support can also be placed horizontally for honing with jigs. Honing must always be done with the wheel running away from the edge.
Vertically in the two sleeves.
For grinding towards the edge.
Horizontally for grinding away from the edge.
Horizontally for honing away from the edge.
* The micro adjust function was introduced Aug 2003. Older machines can be upgraded by purcasing the new Universal Support separately. The denomination is US-105.
** The horizontal base was previously an accessory, XB-100, but is since Aug 2001 mounted as standard.