Author Topic: Truing Procedure  (Read 9808 times)

Offline Georgie

• Pura Vida
    • View Profile
Re: Truing Procedure
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2020, 08:25:46 pm »
John, I agree.

I happen to have both models of the TT-50. I will keep the 2019 version in my ready access drawer, however, I would be just as happy with the older model. I don't presently have electrical ties on my older TT-50. If a notice a problem, I would install them.
Anyone purchasing a new TT-50 now should insist on getting the 2019 model. (Beware, most of the online photos show the older model.) I would suggest anyone happily using the older version continue with it. If you notice any chatter, it's your call. The new TT-50 costs $93 US. A pack of electrical ties costs less than $5.

Ken

Ken, Whats been your experience with the 2019 version of the TT-50? Has the chattering been eliminated or perhaps persisted but to a much lesser degree? Has the redesign eliminated the need for the zip ties as used by Wootz?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 09:41:12 pm by Georgie »

Offline Ken S

• View Profile
Re: Truing Procedure
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2020, 11:14:39 pm »
George,

Looking at the two versions of the TT-50, the 2019 version looks like a genuine improvement. Over the years I have used the older version with and without the electrical ties. I have never experienced a problem either way. I do not doubt that others have experienced problems with the older design. To the best of my knowledge, the electrical ties solved the problem.

I have three older TT-50s and one 2019 version. I do not plan to replace any of the older versions, however, if I purchase any more in the future, I will stick with the newer version. I am not of any problems with the 2019 design.

Ken