Author Topic: Nick Agar spindle gouge sharpening/using video  (Read 692 times)

Offline Ken S

• View Profile
Nick Agar spindle gouge sharpening/using video
« on: March 09, 2018, 01:53:31 pm »
I found this well done video. I believe he has done several others. It shows several sharpening methods, including both the Tormek and the BGM-100.
Enjoy.

Ken

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LvPay41hPBw

Offline RickKrung

• Maker
    • View Profile
Re: Nick Agar spindle gouge sharpening/using video
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 04:27:12 pm »
I found this well done video. I believe he has done several others. It shows several sharpening methods, including both the Tormek and the BGM-100.
Enjoy.

Ken

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LvPay41hPBw

Nice video.  Love the control he has and the beauty of the cuts he makes.  Causes me to have more interest in wood turning.  ARRRGH!  Please, not another serial obsession!  I have too many already. 

Rick
If you want nice clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

Offline Wyo6050

• I'm a sharp craftsman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 05:45:44 am »
I always had issues with where to put my hands to get the full swing-  I'll try Nick's suggestion to place the thumb behind the elbow on the jig next time I'm doing my gouges. 

One question I've been looking for on here is convex bevel spindle gouge, and if anyone has done that grind on the tormek, but that is for another thread. 

Thanks for the video- I'll have to rethink the my profiles to make it less time sharpening and more time turning.

Offline RichColvin

• Woodturner & carver
    • View Profile
    • SharpeningHandbook.info
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 04:54:35 pm »

Please, not another serial obsession!

We call it the black hole.  One you pass the event horizon, you are never coming out !

Rich
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.