Author Topic: DBS-22 Base Plate Mod  (Read 3819 times)

Offline Ken S

• View Profile
Re: DBS-22 Base Plate Mod
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2020, 05:42:17 pm »
Since I had my plate modified to Rick's specs, I obviously think it is a good idea.
What puzzles me is not knowing if the Tormek engineers were not aware of the modification , or whether they considered that possibility and felt they had a good reason for not doing it. I wish we had better communication with Tormek. This kind of question comes up infrequently. It would be nice to have authoritative answers from the factory team. I don't think it would be unreasonable to ask several staff members to include the forum with their Internet favorites. One click once a day would show if there was any forum activity. On days with no activity (about half the days) a staffer could be in and out in only a few seconds. Even on the occasional post needing an answer, the time involved would be minimal.

Ken

Offline OneRogueWave

• I'm a sharp craftsman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 12:27:51 am »
 After working on a different project and completing it I got to focus on this, I don't have a milling machine but I have a Number 10 Dumore Die grinder. Sharpie layout, a few drill holes to remove some bulk and lubricant for a 1/2 inch burr and some elbow grease. One modification not shown is this T8 can run off a foot switch when needed.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbi1lyc33r3h5k6/DBS22%20Mod.jpg?dl=0

Offline Ken S

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 02:51:34 am »
Nicely done! Clever.

Ken