Author Topic: Possible small production run of Adjustable Offset SVM-45  (Read 164 times)

Offline MPeppard

• I'm a sharp craftsman!
    • View Profile
Possible small production run of Adjustable Offset SVM-45
« on: April 16, 2019, 03:16:59 am »
There has been some interest in the modified SVM-45 holder with adjustable offset that I made.

But before I can move forward on getting quotes for CNC’d parts I need to get some feel on the number of people that would be interested in purchasing one.  Unfortunately I haven’t any idea of final price so I don’t want to throw out any numbers just yet.

If you think you may be interested in purchasing an Adjustable Offset SVM-45 please email me at Mpeppard246@gmail.com

This is just to gauge interest, you are not committing yourself to purchase (final price will be a big factor)

Also I know a lot of people always use the Pin Pivot Collar on their holders so I am thinking of offering the option of not having the shaft threaded for the handle since some don’t use the screw on handle-stop anymore.

RickKrung a long time forum member and also the inventor of the Pin Pivot Collar is helping me out big time on getting parts made.  Rick's help should greatly increase the chances moving forward with this due to his previous production experiences.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 04:40:43 pm by MPeppard »

Offline Hogdog6

• I'm a sharp craftsman!
    • View Profile
Re: Possible small production run of Adjustable Offset SVM-45
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 04:19:03 am »
Definitely interested.

Offline van

• I'm a sharp craftsman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 07:19:37 am »
Excellent opportunity ...... INTERESTED  ;D

Offline RickKrung

• Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 12:11:50 am »
...snip...
RickKrung a long time forum member and also the inventor of the Pin Pivot Collar is helping me out big time on getting parts made.  Rick's help should greatly increase the chances moving forward with this due to his previous production experiences.

I am excited to be helping Mike with this.  I will be helping with getting the design ready for production and acting as the go-between for Mike and the CNC shop, should it get to that point.  I have used this CNC shop for two runs of a tool that I make for making a part of fly rods and for helping someone else with getting their ideas into production.  If I were to have some Pin Pivot Collars (PPC) made, this is the shop I would use.  They are in very high demand and usually way backed up, but because I am a returning customer, I get a place a little further up the line that simply the latest job to roll in. 

I encourage anyone who may have some interest to contact Mike at the email address he provided above. 

Rick
If you want nice clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

Offline Ken S

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 03:46:22 am »
I have already communicated to Mike my desire to be included with the purchasers list. With Rick
 and Mike we have quite a team!

Ken

Offline wootz

• View Profile
    • knifeGrinders.com.au
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 01:46:03 pm »
Michael's and Rick's effort to make the Adjustable Offset Knife Jig available for others is much appreciated and commendable.
Count us in please.