Author Topic: Grinding software upgrade is coming  (Read 14529 times)

Offline Jan

• Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another
    • View Profile
Re: Grinding software upgrade is coming
« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2020, 09:49:23 am »
I hope the upgraded SW will be corrected soon again.

In the past KG was issuing incorrect sharpness certificates saying that 100 on BESS ≈ 1 micron. After some time and several interventions from different sites in the world it was corrected by dividing the apex width by five! The initial error was not a misprint, it was done intentionally. The motivation was to speak the language of the local customers. The current KG certificate is OK.

The great role of constructive feedback, provided e.g. by CBWX, is to keep everyone on track and help to avoid major mistakes, namely in the concept.

Jan
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 11:16:05 am by Jan »

Offline RickKrung

• Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2020, 06:15:34 pm »
So, what is the correct relationship between apex width and sharpness and is there a way to relate that to BESS scores?  If I read your message correctly, it sounds like the apex width of a 100 BESS score would be about 0.2 micron. 

Is there reference material to look at?  Was this posted here and I missed it? 

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

Offline Jan

• Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2020, 07:58:54 pm »
Yes Rick, you are correct. The apex width of 100 BESS score should be about 0.2 micron (200 nanometers).

The reference material is here: https://www.edgeonup.com/Support_Document.pdf

Jan
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 08:10:18 pm by Jan »